Classes begin September 1st
• All returning students must register each year and may have first priority of
classes during the pre-registration session.
• Pre-registration is and is $30.00 per student or $55.00 per family. After,
registration fees will be $40. 00 per student and $65.00 per family.
• Registration will open to the public on June 8th
• Registration in person will be taken on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00-
5:00 pm at 2537 E. 70th Street.
• Registration fee is $40.00 per student or $65.00 per family.
• You can register online beginning June 8th at
• Registration is based on a first come, first serve basis.
• Classes are closed once capacity is reached.
• Capacity for classes range from 10-12 depending on the instructor.
• A minimum of 5 students is required for a class to remain open.
• Students MUST re-register each year.
• Registration must include: completed registration form, draft payment,
registration fee, and 1st month tuition. NO EXCUSES!
• Private lessons available for $50-65 per hour and $30-35 per ó hour.
Availability upon request.
• Family rates are available to families with more than one child attending
classes. The highest paying student pays full tuition and each additional
child enrolled receives a 10% discount.
• Tuition is drafted from a credit card on the 5th of each month. Any draft
that is declined for insufficient funds will be assessed a 20% late fee for the
total amount due on the account, if not paid by the 15th of the month.
• Students with delinquent accounts will not be admitted to classes,
accepted for a new semester, or receive recital costumes until the account
• Payments received for the entire semester will receive a 10% discount and
payments received for the entire year will receive a 15% discount before
June 15th . After June 15th , it will be a 8% discount for the semester and
12% for the year.
• If paying by the semester or year, this payment must be made at the time
of registration and paid in full. NO EXCEPTIONS
• There is at $30.00 NSF fee on ALL returned checks. After (2) returned
checks, SDA has no choice but to ONLY accept credit cards, cash, or money
orders for the account.
• TUITION IS NON REFUNDABLE
• No refunds will be made except in the case of serious illness or injury as
verified by a doctor’s referral.
• Shreveport Dance Academy, Inc. reserves the right to make final decisions
on all refunds.
• There are NO refunds for recital costumes once they are ordered, unless
your costume is sold to another dancer.
• We reserve a position in your child’s class for your child whether or not
your child is present until we are notified IN WRITING of your desire to
• For this reason, tuition will not be pro-rated for missed classes. Make -up
classes must be scheduled within 30 days of the classes missed.
• By signing the registration form, you have reserved your child’s class time
from the date of signature until the end of the dance year. You will be billed
and are liable for the payment of tuition for those classes whether or not
you child attends the class, until we are notified (IN WRITING) of your
desire to cancel your child’s enrollment.
• Written notification to cancel enrollment must be given one month prior to
the monthly draft, which occurs on the 5th of the month.
• If a current student refers a new customer to Shreveport Dance Academy
and that customer enrolls, the student who made the referral will receive a
$20.00 credit towards their account.
• The new student must notify the name of the current student at the time of
registration for the current student to receive the credit. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
• All types of classes are available for referral credit
• Please inform us if your child is ill and cannot attend class.
• If your child misses a class due to illness, you may schedule a make-up class
through the office.
• All Students Jazz III and above must be enrolled in a ballet class.
• All jazz and tap students must be remain in levels for two (2) years. Faculty
members have the discretion to move up and down students in levels as
they see fit for the student and/or class.
• Students attending or plan to attend summer intensive at Shreveport
Dance Academy the following summer, may add $50.00 per month to their
• All students are encouraged to participate, but it is NOT REQUIRED.
• Recital Costumes are ordered in October and payment is required by the
deadline. There is also a recital fee of $100.00 for one child and each
additional child is $25.00.
• There are NO REFUNDS on recital costumes once the order has been
Young Ballet thru Grade I Ballet; Intro Jazz thru Jazz I; Pre-Tap thru Tap I; Hip Hop
Grade II thru Grade V Ballet; Jazz 2 &3; Tap 2 & 3
Advanced Ballet classes, Tap 4 & 5, Jazz 4 & 5
All Ballet Classes wear Pink tights with Pink Ballet Shoes
**Grade I and above Ballet class must wear an hip alignment belt with leotard.**
**Young Ballet, Creative Ballet, Pre-Ballet, Pre-Primary, and Primary Ballet classes may wear a skirt (the same color
as uniform) with their leotard.**
*** All Uniform Leotards and Skirts can only be ordered at the SDA Office***
Shreveport Dance Academy
2537 E. 70th Street
Shreveport, Louisiana 71105